Due to climatic conditions, solar cookers are not always applicable. As a supplement and alternative to the SK4 solar cooker, the wood saving stove WSS 2012 was developed.
The Wood Saving Stove by EG-Solar e.V. is powerful, energy-efficient and safe.
- The combustion is complete, almost without smoke.
- Compared to the three-stone fire, it consumes over 70% less firewood.
Objective in the development of the WSS:Simple construction,
- Use of materials that are available on site,
- Production in small craft enterprises in the user countries, should also be possible without electrical power connection,
- User-friendly, should come close to traditional cooking habits,
- The embers generated during combustion are to be used,
- Existing pots are to be used,
- As little as possible harmful smoke,
- The safety in handling has to be ensured.
The WSS was developed together with pupils from the vocational schools Altötting. Richard Fetzner, a member of the association, contributed his many years of experience in the development and testing of energy-saving ovens.
- The fresh air is supplied via the furnace opening and the ventilation duct with grate,
- The cold air rising between the furnace jacket and the combustion chamber is heated and burns the ascending wood gas completely,
- The draw tube bundles the flame and ensures the correct distance to the pot,
- The efficiency plate (chimney), ensures that the flame is spread over the pot over a large area and the heat is transferred optimally,
- The adjustable efficiency plate “cake ring” is infinitely variable up to ø36cm. The brackets determine the correct distance to the pot.
- Support brackets prevent the stove from falling down,
- Efficiency plate and the pot can not slip off.
- Combustion chamber and furnace jacket are separated, thus the outside temperature on the jacket is limited to 260 ° C.